Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Hello everyone, I just love this time of year...the colorful leaves, pumpkins, the scent of wood smoke in the air, Halloween decorations, spooky stories, ghosts, and let's not forget the candy. I wanted to wish you a happy and fun season!

My name is Corinne MacGregor, and I'm an editor for the Black Rose line at TWRP. I've been with this line for many months now, but I started out a few years ago with Champagne then did a stint with the historical line (which I adore) and then Hummingbirds, the overflow department, where I got to see manuscripts from different lines. It's been so much fun reading those submissions and discovering great new authors.

The Black Rose line is an interesting place to work. Paranormal is something I've always been interested in, and Black Rose offers so many choices. Currently, we here in this line are looking for spicy or very hot stories. Personally, I'd like to see more short stories. We don't seem to get as many of those as we do the full-length novels, and short stories have their own type of charm.

How about crossing genres? I love that. A paranormal historical perhaps? Those would catch my interest. So, if you write darker paranormals, send them in! Do you have a new take on things? Great! Black rose does accept manuscripts that are sensual, spicy and hot, and make sure the story is a romance. Thanks, and have fun.

No comments: