Monday, April 14, 2008

I Love Historicals-Celebrate English Tea Month

I've always been fascinated by history. As a child, the movies that stand out were Cleopatra and Mutiny on the Bounty (no, not the Clark Gable original, that was long before my time). I loved the exotic settings and beautiful costumes. My first novel, written at age ten, took place in ancient Rome.



When I joined TWRP as an editor last year, I asked for historicals, but they were full, so I became a Floater in contemporaries. I was delighted when I was able to move full-time to historicals, especially the English Tea Rose department. The senior editors are wonderful and helpful, and the submissions interesting. I enjoy losing myself in history. Nothing pleases me more than an author who knows her historical facts and uses them in an intriguing way to enhance her (or his) characters. I just finished editing a novel set in medieval Paris, and this author knew her stuff. It was a pleasure to work with her.



I hope to see a lot more authors submit their richly detailed historical romances to TWRP.



Diane

No comments: