Monday, October 5, 2009

Be sure to leave the lights on...

There's a monster under your bed! Okay, so maybe there's not a monster under your bed but I've got to tell you, when I was a kid, I was convinced there was, in fact, a monster under my bed. It was an absolute no-no to allow hands or feet to hang over the side of the bed as I was convinced someone--or something--would grab me. Is it any wonder I landed here in Black Rose? Me thinks it was no accident.

As we begin the favored month of those of us at Black Rose, it's a time to reflect upon what it is that brings us to the dark side. People often ask me if I'm a glass half-empty kind of person since I lean so far toward the strange and unusual. I like nothing better than a good vampire or a hunky shape shifter. Still, I must answer them with a firm, no. I'm very much glass half-full kind of person. It's what I love about the dark paranormal romances. You see, it's like this for me...in a Black Rose story you get the age-old battle of good vs. evil along with all the wonderful emotions of an evolving romance. I always know I'm going to get three things: a chill, a thrill, and a happy ending. First, something in each story will give me the oh-factor whether it's a vampire, a demon, or a werewolf. Second, the romance is going to be hot and exciting. And, finally, good will always win and the lovers will find a way to be together regardless of the odds stacked against them. Seriously, how can you beat a story like that??

Now, as a storm brews outside my window and darkness is beginning to fall, it's time to run upstairs and turn on the light in my bedroom...just in case.

No comments: