Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sweetheart Editor ~ Vicky Reed

This is the month for lovers, and here at TWRP we specialize in love. Our Sweetheart Rose line is especially profiled this February. That first tender blush of love, sweetly given and gently shown in stories that warm the heart. Editor Vicky Reed shares a part of her life and the kind of story that makes her heart glad.

TWRP: What do you think is the most romantic time frame in history?

VR: I guess I'm too much of a pragmatist, I can't help but appreciate hot and cold running water, deodorant and toothpaste, Contemporaries work for me every time.

TWRP: If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go?

VR: Singapore. Does that make me horribly humdrum? I love the whole "idea" of Asia, and Singapore is like a romance novel, Asia with all the rough parts smoothed down.

TWRP: Would you rather fold clothes or cook?

VR: I would rather scrub a toilet with a toothbrush than cook.

TWRP: What is your favorite romantic old photo? Describe it.

VR: I have a picture where my husband was caught in the act of turning around. The sky and the trees are golden, and the sun is just right. You can tell he loves me. It's more than a picture, it's his love laid naked.

TWRP: What would be on the most romantic dinner menu?

VR: Anything my husband and I can eat together. I'm not picky. It's the company, not the menu.

TWRP: Tell us what you see first in an attractive man?

VR: His body shape. I'm so superficial. I fell in love with my husband because he had that whole, wide-shouldered, narrow-hipped cowboy thing going on.

TWRP: Tell the readers the book in the Sweetheart Rose line that best epitomizes a romantic incident in your own life.

VR: I'm working on a book right now, No Matter Why by Joanna Aislinn. It's about two people who grow to love each other, and over the course of their story realize that faith and trust aren't just words, but the building blocks of an enduring relationship. I think we all love books that resonate. No Matter Why might not reflect an incident in my life, but it reflects my feelings on why--twenty eight years later--I'm still married to my cowboy.

This is the blurb for it. (It's still in production and there is no release day set yet, sorry. It is, however--my absolute favorite).

Trust and stability become empty words the day motherless, sixteen-year-old Carrie Norwell's brothers are murdered and her father's heart gives out. Five years later, her own heart remains impenetrable to anyone willing to get close enough to offer what she wants more than anything: a loving family of her own.
Operating on a heart and spirit rivaled only by his looks, Billy Jay Eldridge is two years out of college, managing a store and on his way up the corporate ladder. Still, he toys daily with nobler--yet dangerous--career aspirations. When shy, quiet Carrie joins his crew, he sets out to know her better, unaware his life's calling will be the greatest obstacle to their love.

1 comment:

Mary Ricksen said...

When we go to Singapore, I'll do the cooking if you do the cleaning!