Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Millionaire's Club Series


We are announcing a new series in the Champagne Rose line this morning. Its called "The Millionaire's Club" and we are open for submissions as of today.

Remember the old Harlequin romances with the dashing rich hero and the heroine who usually wasn't rich at all - sometimes it was the Executive and his secretary or the nanny and the widowed father or even the housekeeper and the handsome rich guy - any of those scenarios or any others you dream up are what we're looking for. How about those marriage of convenience stories - yes we have a rule against married heros and heroines but these are different and we can bend the submission guidelines for these. My very first romance I ever read was called "A Marriage of Convenience" and it sits on my shelf today. Just think - that's where all this began - hahaha.

Our first story will go out in June "The Chauffeur Wore an Evening Gown" by Roni Adams will kick off this series and will hopefully be the first in a line of fantastic old time contemporary reads. But make no mistake- old fashioned or not - these are modern day HOT - the heroes are hot, the heroines are swept off their feet and their coming together is explosive. Keep in mind that Champagne is our hottest line before Scarlet and we want these couples to go all the way in every way your imagination takes you.


Submission requirements for the Millionaire’s Club.
Length – 20K – 60K (not full length - these will not go to print)

Rated Spicy to Hot (see details on both ratings below). Champagne Rose stories must include a fully depicted and fully consummated love scene to be considered in this line.

Spicy: Contains detailed love scenes, including descriptions of foreplay and consummation.

Hot: Contains sizzling detailed love scenes and explicit content, which may be offensive to some. This is not erotic romance. No extreme graphic language.

Send submissions to Queryus@thewildrosepress.com

Please feel free to pass this along to your writers groups, blogs, etc. You may send questions directly to me at rpenders@thewildrosepress.com

Rhonda


19 comments:

KatheeJantzi said...

I'll have to get writing! I'd love to pass this along via Twitter - can you add a "Tweet this" button?

Kathee Jantzi
www.quillorpill.blogspot.com

Marie Tuhart said...

I've been waiting for this announcement, now I've got to get writing.

Cher Gorman said...

Wow, TWRP is bursting with new series! I'm working on one for the Honky Tonk Hearts. Is there a timeline for The Millionaire Club Series?

Cher

Andrea I said...

I look foward to reding books from this series.

Mona Risk said...

These are my favorite romances too. Thanks for the new line.
www.monarisk.com

Debra St. John said...

I can't wait for this series! I first started reading Harlequin American in high school, and that's when I fell in love with romance. I knew someday, I wanted to write one of my own: thanks to TWRP, that dream has come true.

Now I need to get an idea cooking for this series!

Brenda Whiteside said...

I'm with Cher. Writing a Honky Tonk Heart story right now. Already have an idea for this one but how much time do we have. I need to clone myself!

Rhonda Penders said...

No timeline as of right now for the Millionaire Club - more than likely it will be taking submissions right through next year at this time. However, we will only allowed a limited number to be published so you always stand the chance of us reaching our limit if you wait too long.

Rhonda Penders said...

Kathee I'd love to do a tweet button - just have to figure out how to do it - anyone out there a tweet expert I'd welcome some help!

Leigh D'Ansey said...

'Open for submissions' - there's such a wonderful sound to that phrase.

KatheeJantzi said...

I can help you Rhonda. Log onto your Blogger account, go to your dashboard and click on "design." From here, click "add a gadget" and type "uptweet" in the search engine. Click the "+" and "save." Wa-la!

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Ooh, just like Harlequin Presents, one of my favorite lines to read. I don't necessarily write them, but I love, love, love to read books like this. Bring 'em on, ladies.

Rhonda penders said...

I think I did it Kathee, not sure but I tried my best :) If it worked on Twitter someone let me know. Thanks!

BarbW said...

I'll definitely link this blog to my website. I'm proud to be a TWRP writer in the Champagne line and welcome the challenge.

Barb Weitz
barbaraweitz.com

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Looking forward to this! Time to write!
Smiles
Steph

Cherie Le Clare said...

I've shared this exciting submission call with the members of my writing group, Rhonda:)

Eleroo said...

I have a soft spot for these kinds of romances, they are the first I read too! I may have to de-fang my usual writing style and try for a non mythical hero! Great new line, and great new opportunity! Thanks :)

Sky said...

Very cool call for sub's, Rhonda. Can this Faery/Black gal bend sideways and pen this sort of story? Very likely! Got a thing for rich guys and poor gals. Good steam there. :-)

Marguerite Arotin said...

Since I have at thing for smart, wealthy guys, working on a story where the the hero is known as a Prince in Silicon Valley :). Having fun with it so far and hoping to complete the first draft soon :D