Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Self-Editing Workshop

Self-Editing Workshop

Feb 20-26

Want to perk up the pace of your prose?

Need help pinpointing your manuscript’s weak spots?

Contest judges getting you down?

Never learned the difference between POV and Show vs Tell?

Join Roses Colored Glasses for the

Self-Editing Workshop

Your Instructors: Layla Chase and Elle James

This workshop will help make your writing shine! Through the use of checklists, topical lectures and writing exercises for each lesson, we give you tangible examples of what to look for and how to fix it. You'll get interactive assistance from freelance editor and award-winning author, Layla Chase, and Harlequin author Elle James.

Passive Vs Active voice, Power words & pumping up your sentences

Eliminating implied or unnecessary words

Gerunds, misplaced modifiers, dangling participles

Point Of View and Show Vs Tell

Grammar & Punctuation

Style and Voice

To enroll, send your $20 payment through Paypal from the workshop page on http://www.rosescoloredglasses.com/WSSelfEdit.htm

Deadline for enrollment is February 20, 2012.

Testimonials

“I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for teaching the Self-Editing class on Rose's Colored Glasses. I took the class earlier this year and by applying what I learned to my manuscript, I managed to final in a RWA Chapter contest.”

"... even more than the wonderful tips and checklist and exercises, this workshop taught us how to discipline ourselves, which I love. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

“Just want to say thank you so much for all your insight and information, ladies. I enjoyed the class and can definitely take the information and apply it to my writing. In fact, it's been useful already!”

“I wanted to express my appreciation for the time and assistance we have been given. I have learned so much and have so much to learn. Thanks heaps and I'll be doing this again!”

No comments: