Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nano Ending Coming Soon!

To all of you hard at work on a project for Nano - please keep going.  You can do it.  To keep you motivated here's a couple quotes from Mark Twain on writing:


My works are like water. The works of great masters are like wine; but everyone drinks water.

Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out th wqrong words.

We write frankly and fearlessly but then we "modify" before we print.

Experience is an author's most valuable asset; experience is the thing that puts the muscle and the breath and the warm blood into the book he writes.

Now stop reading blogs and go finish your project.  November 30 is only a week away!

Rhonda

5 comments:

Gina Rossi said...

I did Nano! Finished today because I am away in Italy this weekend and didn't want a Nano cloud hanging over me in that mega romantic country. I had pressure. 1667 words Saturdays and Sundays did my head in (while Real Life Hero enjoyed post boozy lunch snooze!). Aargh. BUT I have a first draft for my chicklit romance 'Life After 6 Tequilas' and I am so excited about that. Battle on my comrades, battle on. Good luck and love from me (and the wine fairy)

Hywela Lyn said...

Thanks for the encouragement Roni, and congratulations on complting NaNo, Gina. I've done it twice before and have two novels waiting to be reivsed and submitted to WRP, but this one is coming slowly and I'm waaay behind - so better get back to it!

Linda Banche said...

NaNoWriMo finished yesterday. 50347 words. No title yet. Fourth book in my series that starts with a weregoose. Yes, a weregoose. Seriously.

LaVerne Clark said...

Congrats to those finished - I'll be joining you very soon I hope! What a blast! This was my very first, but most definitely not my last.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, and I love the last line of this blogpost - I'm back to it now! ; )

Hywela Lyn said...

Finished my NaNo novel 'Autumn Vendetta' Yesterday with 50,410 words, although I've an idea that after I've revised it it will only be a novella, rather than a novel!