Monday, January 19, 2009

Champagne Editors Tell All : Stephanie Parent

Peeking into an open Garden gate, I found editor Stephanie Parent and began to cross-examine her with piercing intensity, rather like a prosecuting attorney (not that I am one, but if I were, that's how I'd do it. I think. Although I'd wear flashier outfits...)

TWRP: What is your favorite planet?

SP: Oh, I wish I could come up with clever answers for this sort of thing! I’ll have to say Jupiter or Venus, since I love the song “Hey Jupiter” and the album To Venus and Back by Tori Amos.

TWRP: Where do you like to relax?

SP: The bookstore, of course!

TWRP: How often do you eat mashed potatoes?

SP: Regular potatoes, never…but mashed sweet potatoes, all the time! (Interviewer's note: No mashed potatoes? ACK!)

TWRP: Pie or brownies?

SP: Definitely pie—especially pumpkin or sweet potato! (I’m sensing a theme here!)

TWRP: Who is your favorite cartoon philosopher?

SP: Charlie Brown!

TWRP: Why are fireplaces so romantic?

SP: Because I can’t start one without a man around!

TWRP: When do you take a long drive?

SP: I love Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu…it’s super romantic.

TWRP: Tell the readers the book in the Champagne line that best epitomizes a romantic incident in your own life.

COURTING HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS will be available April 22, 2009

SP: Well, I’m really excited about one of the books I’ve edited, Courting His Royal Highness, by Amy Hahn, which is coming out in April. The opening of the book takes place at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, literally less than a block from where I live! Unfortunately, the similarities to my own life end there—I haven’t been chosen to host a reality TV show starring a real (and super-handsome) European prince! But a girl can dream…and Hollywood’s the place to do it!

Thank you, Stephanie! The entire Pacific Coast Highway is a lovely drive. Tune in later this week for more revealing stories about our Champagne editors!

1 comment:

Mary Ricksen said...

Stephanie sounds like fun!